Overall responsibility for achieving a small to medium-sized country’s business targets and continuously growing it by driving clear strategies and managing efficient business operations through a team that is aligned, inspired and motivated to deliver their best. Contributes to the achievement of the overall vision, mission and long-term strategy of East-West Seed Group and translates these into actionable plans at the country level. Ensures that the business operates in a sustainable manner aligned with the company’s values and principles.
Strategy Development and Execution
- Contributes to the development of the overall EWS group strategy by providing valuable business insights from the country. Using his/her market knowledge and expertise, helps enrich the formulation of EWS strategies.
- Leads the team in developing a clear strategy for the country by using market needs, anticipating trends, identifying the unique and complex challenges and opportunities in the market.
- Ensures that the country strategy is aligned with the long-term EWS Group strategic direction and is supported by clear initiatives at the country level with a robust implementation plan.
Business Planning & Financial Management
- Leads the development of annual and 4-year business plans and ensures alignment with EWS group targets.
- Sets business targets for the country (i.e. key performance indicators and financial targets) supported by a clear set of actions to drive achievement.
- Identifies resource requirements including strategic investments needed to support growth plans.
- Ensures alignment of priorities and integration of key activities or projects amongst the different departments within the country.
- Conducts regular business performance review ; leads the team in identifying, managing risks/opportunities and in developing course corrective actions to minimize or eliminate unfavorable impact to business results.
- Reviews and approves annual country budget; ensures efficient utilization of budget.
Leadership, Organization and Culture Development
- Sets the tone from the top by role-modeling the mission, values and principles of EWS and communicating the right messages to the organization supported by consistent actions and behaviors.
- Strengthens the organization by identifying opportunities for improving capabilities to meet the current and emerging/future business needs. Ensures a robust succession plan in leadership and critical positions for business continuity.
- Manages the country’s overall performance; holds direct reports accountable for the achievement of their individual and functional team’s targets ; ensures that the individuals and team’s successes are recognized, rewarded and celebrated.
- Promotes a work environment that is open, empowering, inclusive and inspiring and supports the company’s aspiration to become a high-performing organization.
Stakeholder and Risk Management
- Identifies and manages various stakeholders (internal/external) by understanding and addressing their needs/issues/concerns ; ensures that he/she is able to support the communication of right information to stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates risks that may have potential adverse impact on the business and works collaboratively with other functions to develop and implement a risk mitigation plan.
- Represents the country in external relations with customers, local government agencies, industry, public and others. Ensures that the corporate image and EWS brand is protected and kept consistent with the EWS group branding guidelines.
- University degree, postgraduate degree is an advantage
- Experience in general/business management role for a minimum of 5 years in a similar-sized business in the country with P&L responsibility
- Experience in previous sales and/or marketing management roles in a seed or related agribusiness , life sciences , chemical or FMCG industry