Senior system analyst will be responsible for assisting with maintaining, supporting, and customizing the financial systems of the Firm. The role will involve creating financial reports, performing design and document system updates, improving workflows, and making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. This position will report to the Group Financial Controller.
The position will create ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) script to load data from Exact then D365 or other systems to automatically load actual from ERP systems into reporting systems, together with drill-through scripts to easily access transaction data in ERP systems to easily explain actual.
- Provide system admin maintenance, monitoring, business continuity, and problem resolution for the financial systems environment.
- Provide support and coordinate between Finance and other functions towards the implementation, upgrade, functional, and technical maintenance of financial systems applications.
- Design and create custom reports and queries for accounting and management as requested.
- Proactively review current data processes, identify process improvements, propose solution from best practices to come up with standard operating procedures for efficiency purposes
- Work with ICT team and/or software vendors to ensure new / updated applications are installed, configured, and tested properly and ready to support business needs as well as implementation of complex work.
- Provide application training and support to end-users of financial system software.
- Identify and recommend production customizations and enhancements; develops and documents workflow processes to create efficiency in the operation of Financial Systems
- Design additional modules in TM1/COGNOS to scrap the google or excel; reducing manual consolidation; ; closely working with ICT colleagues and internal partners.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Group Financial Controller.
- 7+ years experience administering systems Expert or a similar financial system such as COGNOS, D365, and/or with related financial services applications, preferably in a Global/Regional setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in or equivalent experience required in computer science, information systems, business administration or finance
- Solid understanding of financial processes
- Experience with accessing and processing data using SQL and/or similar data mining tools
- Ability to design and create summary and detail level reports for management; carry out ad hoc reporting using SQL,or similar software
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Ability to multi-task and handle unstructured environment
- Well organized with an ability to work independently, comprehend business requirements, and proactively identify systems and reporting capabilities to address those requirements
- Must be results-oriented, dependable, adhere to established time commitments, and demonstrate strong customer service attributes and the ability to deliver results
- Strong analytical skills and excellent people skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills